Thursday, March 19, 2009

Guam visit

So my time in Guam is coming to an end. I have been through test after test and after everything from an EKG to a biopsy I am now cleared to go back to Palau. Good News! While I have been at the different doctors each day this week and haven't had much time to explore Guam, I have seen a little bit and from what I have experienced I would definitely come back here to do a full visit. It is like a mix between island life and the states. It's very interesting and relaxing at the same time.

While here I have been through many emotions. I have never had any kind of surgery or anything of the sort done before and the fact that I had to do all of this medical testing in a foreign country with no friends or family around was just a feeling of incredible loneliness. Through this experience I have come to realize that giving up is not the answer and that God truly has a plan for me. Even through the loneliness I know I am learning to be my own God serving adult...and I'm A-OK with that.

Luckily, my family has been with me every step of the way contacting me day and night which is very helpful. Also, the Lord truly blessed and sent me to a wonderful Christian doctor who invited me in to his family for most of the time that I have been here. I have eaten dinner with them almost every night and I am just so fortunate to be a part of their family here in Guam. They are incredible people and they have truly helped me to be a bit more calm while being here. God is so good.

As of right now I am still waiting for the results of my biopsy (which was not the greatest experience ever but I made it through), but all 3 of my doctors here in Guam are very optimistic that everything is just fine and that in years to come I will just have to keep a close eye on things.

Thank you for all your prayers and I pray that God is truly blessing your families as well.

Blessings to all until next time...:-D

1 comment:

Joel Miles said...

Dear Ashley,

I was sent your blog last week by my son, Mosang, who lives in Canada. You may have seen his blog, Palau on the Web.

I was sorry to read about your illness, but it sounds like everything is OK now. I can relate to this, having been through a similar experience last year. I am happy to read that all is well with you now, and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I have just sent you a comment on your visit to Angaur - please read it, and then please, please contact me when you return to Palau.

With best regards,

Joel Miles
488-0992/2504
nisc@palaunet.com