Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just a glimpse of God's work

So I had a pretty amazing experience today. Let me preface by saying a few weekends ago Ale, Haslel, and I (my roommates) decided to make a list of 20 things we want to do before we leave Palau and it really got me thinking about my true goals for this whole experience. Anyways, I decided to see what goals my students really have for their lives, so I gave them an in class activity and the directions were to write 20 things they want to do before they die. I was expecting most of them to just think of little things that 3rd graders think of and copy from my ideas but I was totally touched, surprised, and filled with laughter to read their answers when they turned them in. I would like to share a few with you...

Genesis- one of my tough kids--
1. Go skydiving
2. go snowboarding
3. Learn more things
4. Learn to Respect people
5. Go to College

Vi-my sweet girl--
1. Meet Hannah Montana
2. Be a Princess
3. See snow
4. Decorate a Christmas Tree
5. To have my own piano

Taldil-my amazing Pianist--
1. Learn how to make a piano
2. Be a Hannah Montana Staff
3. Go to the Taj Mahal
4. I want to be with Jesus
5. Play with Snow

Ilang- My little drama queen-- (this one brought tears to my eyes)
1. Climb a skyscraper
2. Live in black and white
3. Live in 1884 (HA!)
4. Be a spy
5. See Ms. Ashley in heaven

Reklai- My cute little story teller--
1. Visit Ms. Ashley in Tennessee
2. Get a very cool car
3. Get a girlfriend (HA!)
4. be a wrestler
5. act very cool

None of those were ideas that I had given them! I am so impressed at God's work within these children. It was soo amazing to see just a glimpse of the great work God is truly doing in their hearts each day. I'm so inspired. I love them more and more each day.

Hope this touched you as much as it did me.

Much love and prayers to you...until next time...:-D

1 comment:

Karen Sciulli said...

Oh Ashley....this is so touching and amazing. We all need to take the time to reflect and think about what is important to us. I wish I could package some snow and send it to you all :-)